On the afternoon of Wednesday, May 31st, over fifty entrepreneurs, financiers and officials joined us at RBC Royal Bank Plaza, for CleanTech North’s event titled Financing In A World Where CleanTech Is A Priority.
It involved two company presentations, a panel discussion of funding & financing options for cleantech companies in Canada, and a networking reception with refreshments. As the photo above shows, it was very well-attended!
The first company presentation was by Rick Van Sant, CEO of UVPure Technologies (http://uvpure NULL.com/), in business for 14 years as a manufacturer of water purification technology, with a BHAG that UV Pure’s systems will purify one billion litres of water per minute by 2030. The second was by Henry Fung of Turnkey Aquaponics (http://www NULL.turnkeygrowth NULL.com/), a fresh startup brought to us from the University of Ontario Institute of Technology (http://research NULL.uoit NULL.ca/entrepreneurship/) in Oshawa by our old colleague Jeffrey Peng.
In both cases, the considerable collective knowledge and experience of those present were placed at the disposal of the presenters, and options suggested by many for their current and potential business needs including funding, supply chain, and future pitches to investors.
Next, our funding & financial panel comprised:
- (Moderator) Peter McArthur, Senior Account Manager, Ontario for ICT & Cleantech, Royal Bank of Canada (http://www NULL.rbcroyalbank NULL.com/commercial/clean-technology/)
- Balinder Rai, MA, Senior Business Development Manager, Ontario Centres of Excellence (http://www NULL.oce-ontario NULL.org/contact-us/business-development-contacts/rai)
- Craig Wardlaw, P.Eng., Industrial Technology Advisor, National Research Council-Industrial Research Assistance Program (http://www NULL.nrc-cnrc NULL.gc NULL.ca/eng/irap/index NULL.html)
- Bryan Watson, Executive Director, CleanTech North and Partner, Flow Ventures (http://www NULL.flowventures NULL.com/)
Each gave an overview of the funding and financing options now (and often newly) available via their respective organizations, and delivered insights regarding the criteria, timing and conditions that pertain to each.
If you attended, or are a CleanTech North community member (email list or LinkedIn group), please contact email@example.com (pconnor null@null cleantechnorth NULL.com) for this meeting’s slides and notes.
The event concluded with a catered reception providing an opportunity for colleagues and friends (old and new) in the cleantech community to connect once again and share knowledge. We have no doubt that connections were made, decisions informed and value added all around!
CleanTech North is grateful for the support of Peter McArthur and RBC for the use of their boardroom and catering facilities at Royal Bank Plaza in Toronto, and we look forward to our next event there June 27th – stay tuned for details!
If you are a cleantech entrepreneur, executive, financier or community supporter, and you want to access the collective knowledge of the cleantech community, consent today to connect with CleanTech North to hear about our next events – tickets go quickly!
- Send a request email to firstname.lastname@example.org (pconnor null@null cleantechnorth NULL.com)
- Follow us on Twitter (http://www NULL.twitter NULL.com) @CleanTechNorth
- Join our LinkedIn group: Bit.Ly/CleanTechNorthOnLinkedIn (http://www NULL.Bit NULL.Ly/CleanTechNorthOnLinkedIn)
- And most importantly, to keep receiving emails, join the community at: Bit.Ly/joincleantechnorth (http://www NULL.Bit NULL.Ly/joincleantechnorth)